Jan 18, 2012

Ginger and lemon tea

One of my best food-related discoveries this winter has been ginger and lemon tea. I had had it before, but it was always made from store-bought teabags. It was good, mind you, but as my experience with food broadens, I find myself becoming more and more picky when it comes to the quality of the food I use and eat. That's why I decided to make my own ginger tea. It turned out just perfect and so easy!


GINGER AND LEMON TEA

Ingredients:
  • about 10 slices of fresh ginger (peeled)
  • 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 5 cups water
Add the water and the ginger to a pan, bring to a boil and let simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the lemon juice and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, filter and put back in the pan. Add the honey and stir until dissolved. 
Drink warm or let cool to room temperature and enjoy. 


Now that it's cold outside I like to drink it warm or room temperature, but I can't wait to try it in the heat of summer, chilled in the fridge. Mmm, it must be so refreshing!

2 comments:

  1. i have often enjoyed ginger lemon tea. i sometimes make it with peach tea too. delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try with peach tea next time, tanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete