Feb 24, 2012

Fruit rolls again

I just wanted to share another little successful experiment of mine. Once I discovered how easy it was to make fruit rolls, I couldn't resist making some more with different ingredients.
I am tired of bananas, kiwis and apples being the only fruit in season (excluding oranges, of which I could never grow tired), but I know that buying fruit which is not in season is a waste of money: things are mostly tasteless and ridiculously expensive. So I decided to at least bring a change into the way I eat my fruit (which is mainly with yogurt or juiced). And I made fruit rolls again.



This time I used 1 mango (the very first one I ever bought! I know, it's incredible I had never bought one before!), 2 kiwis, 1 banana, about 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp honey.
In a pot warm up all the ingredients (the fruit previously chopped) and mash them with a fork. Then puree everything in a blender and spread thinly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put in the oven at the lowest temperature possible (mine was 140°F/60°C) and bake for 5 to 7 hours. Cut into stripes and roll them up. Store in an air tight container.

They are a great and healthy snack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment