Jun 24, 2012

The simplest summer dessert (or breakfast)



The heat changes my appetite. Most of my meals are down to yogurt and fruit, caprese salads or a fried egg with tomatoes. Sometimes ice cream. A salad of greens occasionally, but mainly fruit. The abundance of juicy, sweet and colorful summer fruit is especially welcome for me, having eaten more or less just apples, kiwis and bananas for months.
I am absolutely loving all the apricots, blueberries, strawberries, cherrys and nectarines that I ate so far! And the best thing is that I never seem to have had enough! My body must know that this awesome products, so full of vitamines, will not be here for long and is telling me to eat as much as I can, as long as I can.



So let me tell you about this dessert I came up with (I can't take too much credit for it since it is not really a recipe...). I bought some super fresh ricotta cheese from a local farmer; usually we like to top it with some jam and enjoy it as a dessert, but I substituted the jam with sliced strawberries and blueberries and drizzled the whole thing with maple syrup.



What? Are you asking how good it was? Well, I am not sure I can tell you, you'll have to try it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment